tea for two

DSC_0005.jpg_effected
DSC_0029.jpg_effected
DSC_0049.jpg_effected
DSC_0048.jpg_effected
DSC_0046.jpg_effected
DSC_0026.jpg_effected
DSC_0050.jpg_effected
DSC_0063.jpg_effected
DSC_0069.jpg_effected
DSC_0076.jpg_effected
DSC_0068.jpg_effected
DSC_0083.jpg_effected
DSC_0085.jpg_effected
Wearing: dress - banana republic. jane belt - club monaco. sandals - joe fresh style. quartz pendant - sanctuary. leather purse - winners. scarf - biba. jean jacket - thrifted. sunglasss - ray ban clubmasters.

The first place on my essential Edmonton to-do list was The Arbour Room at The Rutherford House - my favourite restaurant in town. Located on Saskatchewan Drive behind the U of A campus, this historical home has been a haunt of mine since I was in Brownies and will hopefully continue to be in my old age. Despite being a not for profit organization, the food here will blow your mind, the surroundings are pretty stellar too. With such a cozy atmosphere and gracious staff, it is little wonder why this place is always boppin'. It is wise to make reservations a few days in advance to guarantee a seat. 

My usual order is The Centennial High Tea - it gives one the best array of goodies in perfect portions. To begin with, the petite egg and cucumber sandwiches surrounded by assortment of warm wraps with heavenly cream cheese spread inside. Second course is technically turkey pot pie, but I'm sort of an annoying customer and substitute for the ratatouille penne - a roasted vegetable bake. Finally, the meal ends with sweets. I live for their freshly baked scones accompanied with raspberry butter and Devonshire cream.  On occasion they also have lavender cookies but I haven't seen those around in awhile, they are pretty incredible as well. 

Besides the tasty treats, I love visiting The Rutherford House because it reminds me of my childhood home which was built around the same time. That house was moved down the hill into Fort Edmonton when I was five - it's on the 1905 street and is called The Firkins House. 

Here are some helpful links for others who want to live in the past with me:

The Arbour Restaurant & Tea Room

Fort Edmonton Park

Anyone being a tourist in their own city this summer?

x Miss Sandy

p.s. I just want to make a major shout out to Miss Caroline Gault  the new Alberta reporter for FASHION Magazine who will surely give this area the recognition it deserves! What a wild ride!


Let's chat on TwitterFollow on Bloglovin'Become a fan on Facebook

Labels: , , , , , , ,