shop spotlight - old faithful shop

If I have one regret it is that I didn't keep a photojournal of all my favourite shops in London. In my neighbourhood (Shoreditch) alone, there were countless independent stores full of lovely bits and bobs. Local businesses and small boutiques are my favourite way to shop (when I'm not out thrifting of course.) 

old faithful shop

Vancouver has an endless supply of remarkable boutiques in all corners of the city. From Main Street to  Kitsilano, there is no shortage of unique treats to be found. One of my new found favourites (thanks to my tour guide Joshy Boy) is Old Faithful Shop located at 320 W. Cordova Street right in the heart of Gastown. Owned and operated by Savannah Olsen (an Edmontonian expat) and Walter Manning, this delightful two-year-old shop is a nod to the old timey general stores that were once found in the area. 

old faithful shop
Untitled

The shop is an aesthetic dream to put it lightly. Its clean lines and heavy wood furniture makes you feel like you're in a modern cabin. I could have spent hours touching and smelling. The second I set foot in the shop I immediately honed in on the apothecary section as I am helpless against good packaging design and olfactory delights. I walked away with cedar incense, a distinct scent, and a locally handmade soap. A repeat trip is in order this summer on my way to the island.

old faithful shop

Shop in store or online at www.oldfaithfulshop.com

For visual stimulus follow old_chum on instagram

x Miss Sandy



TwitterBloglovin'Facebook / Pinterest / InstagramEtsy

Labels: , , , , , ,