sled island 2012

SledIsland2012-12
SledIsland2012-14
SledIsland2012-5
SledIsland2012-7
SledIsland2012-6
SledIsland2012-3
SledIsland2012-1
SledIsland2012-9
SledIsland2012-11
SledIsland2012-13
SledIsland2012-4
SledIsland2012-2
SledIsland2012-8
SledIsland2012-10
SledIsland2012-15

Days after returning from Vancouver I was on the road driving south to Calgary for Sled Island. If you haven't heard of it before, Sled is a 5 day music and comedy festival in the heart of Stampede City. Not only do they have a main stage at Olympic Plaza but there are various venues around town that play host to the abundant musical and comedic acts. Vue Weekly sent me south to capture the "vibe" and enjoy some live jams. 

As with any festival, I set myself up for disappointment trying to be too many places at once. That, coupled with the torrential downpour all weekend made for some trying times. On a positive note, I am finally confident in my orienteering skills in downtown Calgary and my hot dog eating without smudging my lipstick skills. Oh the talents I possess.

I was able to catch Night Beats, Reigning Sound, Nomeansno, The Ballantynes, The Urinals, and The Wicked Awesomes to name a few. It seems to me 2011 was a more exciting year as far as bands go. I remember looking over the official line up in my flat in London thinking it was time to come home solely to go to Sled Island. I didn't of course and I still have yet to see The Replacements documentary Color Me Obsessed (it was screened at the festival last year). 

Anyone else gone/going to a wild music festival this summer?

x Miss Sandy

TwitterBloglovin'Facebook / Pinterest / InstagramEtsy




Labels: , , , , , , ,