orlebar point

orlebar2
orlebar8

wearing: crop top - vintage // sandals - vintage // leather jane belt - club monaco // denim shorts - thrifted  // sunglasses - linda farrow x the row from Gravity Pope

orlebar13
orlebar7

my best little mermaid impression

orlebar4
orlebar11
orlebar1

the lighthouse on entrance island

orlebar3
orlebar9
orlebar5

the tide is low

orlebar15
orlebar12
orlebar14
flower child by the surf restaurant 

I made it to the island in one piece after a somewhat uncomfortable sleep in the back of a car during a massive storm. We stopped in Golden, BC for our snooze and I was brought back to my youth the second I saw the sign for the Rondo Motel

In and around high school days I had taken a couple of trips to Kicking Horse for snowboarding adventures most of which resulted in meeting the bizarro locals and a plethora of Aussie's chasing a year round winter. That is another story all together.

Gabriola is one of the Gulf Islands in BC, one must take a ferry from Nanaimo to reach this hippie haven. In fact, it's two ferries all together and by the time I arrived I was ready for solid ground.

For our first tourist outing we went to Orlebar Point to check out The Surf (which was closed) and Entrance Island. It was sweltering out but luckily I had the sea breeze and this ridiculous homemade vintage psychedelic crop top to keep me from melting. The flower crown, however, was solely for the flower child vibe.

x Miss Sandy


TwitterBloglovin'Facebook / Pinterest / InstagramEtsy

Labels: , , , , , , , ,