just two girls...

WCFW
WCFW
wearing: top - 90s le chateau from Goodwill // skirt - goodwill // suede belt - vintage // patent leather heels - kate spade from Winners // kangaroo fur clutch - Goodwill // bojangle bracelets - island thrift stores & Goodwill // nail polish - blue satin Chanel

And we're having a good time! You might remember Miss Emily as my partner in crime a few months back for Calgary's music festival Sled Island. Last night we attended Western Canada Fashion Week and were witness to a couple amazing shows. My favourite has always been the Stylist Competition sponsored by Goodwill Industries of Alberta.

WCFW
WCFW
WCFW
wearing: top - Goodwill // shorts - mink pink from bamboo ballroom // rings & earrings- vintage // shoes - hugo boss from gravitypope 

 If it hasn't become apparent yet, I'll have you know Goodwill is one of my favourite places to scour for unique pieces at reasonable prices. I'm definitely a gal after a hunt. This outfit (aside from the shoes) is  a COMPLETE look from Goodwill - down to the kangaroo fur clutch. I even styled the mannequins for their display at WCFW. 

WCFW

WCFW
WCFW

The competition is proof that anybody can make a stunning outfit for less than $30. The stylists really stepped it up this season. Not only was I impressed, I was borderline envious at the treasures that had miraculously slipped through my fingers while I was out of town! The show from last season's winner Miss Jericho Cender of SVET blew my mind. It was an explosion of sports team mojo with a massive dose of chola babe. I'm now on the hunt for a Chicago Bulls jersey as well as a rag rug to turn into a vest. So inspired, I forgot I was even in Edmonton. There was even a pair of Versace checkerboard children's cords that I had touched prior to the show and died a little inside when I realized I could never ever fit into them! Glad to see they found a home that appreciated them!

WCFW
WCFW

For all the Edmontonians out there, stop by my facebook page for a chance to win a pair of tickets to any of the remaining shows of Western Canada Fashion Week.

x Miss Sandy


TwitterBloglovin'Facebook / Pinterest / InstagramEtsy

Labels: , , , , , ,