Summer Beauty Essentials

Summer-Beauty-Essentials1

1. Watkins Bite Balm: Depending on what region you live in this is an absolute must. In the course of the summer I have been bit by spiders, a wasp, and a plethora of mosquitoes. While it isn't a joy for the olfactory, it has saved me from scratching myself to insanity.

2. CB I Hate Perfume in At The Beach 1966: Ever wondered what the essence of the beach smells like? Take a big whiff of this water based perfume and everyday can be a seaside wonderland.

3. Watkins Insect Repellent: When I'm not smelling like the beach, I am drenched in this stuff. The lesser of the repellent evils, it doesn't stink quite as bad as the usual OFF! sprays which makes it a winner in my books.

Summer-Beauty-Essentials2

Summertime, in my humble opinion, is all about washing your hair as little as possible and letting it air dry to bring out the natural wavyness. I like to call this my 'foxy outdoorsy' look. These products are beyond essential for achieving said look.

1. Lulu Organics Hair Powder in Lavender-Clary Sage: This travel sized companion is the first thing in my cosmetic bag on any trip. I used to be an advocate for straight up baby powder as dry shampoo but this is so much more effective... and doesn't smell like a baby's bottom.

2. Lulu Organics Hair Powder in Patchouli Amber: Let's be honest, I wish this smell came in a travel size, it doesn't. I prefer to live in a haze of patchouli but vacations are usually about compromise. I first discovered this product at the Old Faithful Shop in Vancouver's Gastown district. BEST.

3. Kevin Murphy Hair Resort Spray: Do you want beach hair? Yes, of course, who doesn't? One of my lady friends who happens to be a bitchin' hair stylist  introduced me to the wonderful world of Kevin Murphy and I have never looked back. This product can be used on both wet and dry hair. If you're into volume and texture then you most likely will be into this. Bonus - it smells like coconut. (Check out Miss Patricia's page for hair styling tricks and inspiration).

Summer-Beauty-Essentials3

1. Korres After-Sun Cooling Gel: It's all in the name. This has been the first summer in years I have managed to become a tad on the golden brown side rather than the normal pale ale I usually sport. Korres has made the transition much less traumatizing with this soothing cool gel that absorbs quickly.

2. Alba Botanica Lavender Sunscreen Lotion SPF 45: Going to be out in the sun? Wear sunscreen. This one smells like lavender so it's obviously the best choice. Apply liberally and frequently over the course of the day.

Summer-Beauty-Essentials4

This is where things get real. I am incredible serious about my skincare. This is a look at the daytime routine (night time is a larger ordeal and I would be more than happy to make a post about it if anyone is interested.)

1. Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser: This company has been voted as having the best cleanser in the world and I know why. Massage a bit of this thick chamomile smelling cleanser into your skin, leave on for 2-3 minutes and rinse off. It is nearly a religious experience.

2. Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner: For the longest time I searched for a toner without alcohol in it which is surprisingly, a tall order in the beauty world. Enter Thayers. Following my cleanser I sweep my face lightly with a cotton circle drenched in this. I've tried the Lavender and Aloe before but Rose is my #1.

3. Dermalogica Antioxidant Hydramist: I was addicted to the Evian mist for a long time until it seemingly disappeared which turned out to be a mixed blessing of sorts as I found I preferred this mist. It is refreshing with a herbal tea scent to it which I'm sure has something to do with the fact that White Tea is one of the active ingredients.

4. Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield SPF 30: One should always have a day cream with SPF in it and this is one of the best I have tried thus far in terms of consistency, smell, and texture. It isn't super dense so it spreads easily and it absorbs into the skin leaving no greasy residue like many other moisturizers with sunscreen.

5. Dr. Hauschka Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream: This company is fast becoming my favourite cosmetic line -  they have spruce scented bath oils for goodness sake! This cream is basically keeping me look like I'm well rested when I'm truly not. It must be witchcraft.

Summer-Beauty-Essentials5

1. Marvis Jasmin Mint Toothpaste: The mouth area should never be neglected. Mix up your usual mint toothpaste with wild card JASMINE! It's a taste sensation... like cleaning your teeth with tea. Plus the packaging is the best.

2. Aesop Rosehip Seed Lip Cream: Lips are skin too and it's best to keep them moisturized too! I have yet to find a lip product with SPF in it that I like. Any recommendations? Speak now. Warning - this is not a purse friendly tube as the product tends to ooze out if it has been squeezed in transit. 


What are your Summer Beauty Essentials?

x Miss Sandy


TwitterBloglovin'Facebook / Pinterest / InstagramEtsy

Labels: , , , ,