Welcome back my pretties! Things continue to get weirder around here in anticipation for All Hallows' Eve. Most of my celebrations for this particular holiday revolve around movies and televisions specials. With that in mind, I have thoughtfully compiled a list of a few favourite Halloweenie watches. I say weenie because the following list is all PG. I'm a WUSS. Enjoy!
2. Hocus Pocus - All the heavy hitters are in this one (Bette Midler, SJP, THORA BIRCH!) and the costumes are great.
3. The Skeleton Dance
- This is a Disney classic. I should mention that I'm obsessed with old timey Disney and their theme parks in general. Silly Symphony's have my heart, especially when they include grooving skeletons.
4. Trick or Treat
- Continuing on my Disney tangent, Donald Duck is my absolute favourite and this is some of his finest work. The music might be my favourite part, just try and tell me it isn't catchy: "Every post is a ghost if you've got a witches brew!" I can be found singing these little ditties to myself whenever I'm doing yard-work. Truth.
5. The Witches - Based on the Roald Dahl classic book of the same name, the movie version is actually pretty terrifying and well made - Anjelica Huston is the head witch.
- Devon Sawa and Christina Ricci, need I say more? It's almost as good as their romance in Now & Then
.... except the Backstreet Boys made an homage to Casper in one of their music videos
. Speaking of which, 'Everybody' was not only an insanely cool song, the video was awe-inspiring at the time. Nick Carter as a mummy!!!! There goes the rest of my day, I'll be trying to re-learn the BSB choreography if anyone needs me.
- I am constantly being inspired by the style of this movie. Tomorrow's post is all over this. Also... WINONA FOREVER!
That wraps up my tried and true list. This year I'm watching a new movie: Mad Monster Party.
It's a 1967 claymation film that I think may be the Halloween answer to my most beloved stop animation Christmas specials.
Just a reminder - The Witchery
is offering my readers a 20% discount
on their stock. Enter "ThePrettySecrets20"
when checking out.
Happy haunts my dears!
Labels: charlie brown, costumes, Edmonton, goth, Halloween, haunted, movies, the witchery, video, witchay, witchery way