Haunted

haunted-6
haunted-4
haunted-2
haunted-1
haunted-5
haunted-3

Welcome back my pretties! Things continue to get weirder around here in anticipation for All Hallows' Eve. Most of my celebrations for this particular holiday revolve around movies and televisions specials. With that in mind, I have thoughtfully compiled a list of a few favourite Halloweenie watches. I say weenie because the following list is all PG. I'm a WUSS. Enjoy!

1. It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - without fail, every year. The comfort of knowing that CB will always get a rock in lieu of candy soothes my old soul.

2. Hocus Pocus - All the heavy hitters are in this one (Bette Midler, SJP, THORA BIRCH!) and the costumes are great.

3. The Skeleton Dance - This is a Disney classic. I should mention that I'm obsessed with old timey Disney and their theme parks in general. Silly Symphony's have my heart, especially when they include grooving skeletons. 

4. Trick or Treat -  Continuing on my Disney tangent, Donald Duck is my absolute favourite and this is some of his finest work. The music might be my favourite part, just try and tell me it isn't catchy: "Every post is a ghost if you've got a witches brew!" I can be found singing these little ditties to myself whenever I'm doing yard-work. Truth. 

5. The Witches - Based on the Roald Dahl classic book of the same name, the movie version is actually pretty terrifying and well made -  Anjelica Huston is the head witch. 

6. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - The cartoon version from 1949 still scares me. Legit.

7. Casper - Devon Sawa and Christina Ricci, need I say more? It's almost as good as their romance in Now & Then.... except the Backstreet Boys made an homage to Casper in one of their music videos. Speaking of which, 'Everybody' was not only an insanely cool song, the video was awe-inspiring at the time. Nick Carter as a mummy!!!! There goes the rest of my day, I'll be trying to re-learn the BSB choreography if anyone needs me.

8. The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone - This is one of those television specials that really holds up after all these years. Or maybe it's my nostalgia telling me it's great. You be the judge.

9. The Addams Family - classic. 

10. Beetlejuice - I am constantly being inspired by the style of this movie. Tomorrow's post is all over this. Also... WINONA FOREVER!

That wraps up my tried and true list. This year I'm watching a new movie: Mad Monster PartyIt's a 1967 claymation film that I think may be the Halloween answer to my most beloved stop animation Christmas specials. 

Just a reminder - The Witchery is offering my readers a 20% discount on their stock. Enter "ThePrettySecrets20" when checking out. 

Happy haunts my dears!


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,