Sequin Paisley Daydream

purple-suede-shorts-1
purple-suede-shorts-2
purple-suede-shorts-3
purple-suede-shorts-4

Photographs - Michael Borchert

wearing:

jacket - vintage Mr Leonard 
sweater - The Pretty Secrets vintage (get it HERE)
shorts - vintage
clutch - c/o J Crew (similar HERE)
knee socks - Club Monaco (similar HERE)
booties - Rag & Bone (get them HERE)
lipstick - MAC x Archie's Girls in Boyfriend Stealer


When I was out thrifting this sweater caught my eye immediately. The fact that it's a sequin paisley daydream helped it jump from my peripheral view straight into my buggie. Like a magpie, shiny is always desirable to me. I didn't even bother to try it on as it fit all my criterium for an exceptional vintage specimen - sequin, angora, and garish in the best way. 

The purple suede shorts were the real underdog in this outfit tale. Their original form was hideous at best, with a leg that tapered in the worst way. Every so often I will take one major risk at the thrift store and these were it. I hoped that beneath their awful shape lay my vision of a purple suede short that even Prince would approve of. I think that was achieved. 

In other news, if you're a Canadian resident be sure to enter to win a copy of Alexa Chung's It on my blog here.


Twitter / Bloglovin' / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Etsy


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,