Hot Plains Music Fest 2014

hot-plains-8
hot-plains-11
The Cleats

hot-plains-6
hot-plains-10
hot-plains-13
SLATES // Dirty Dudes

hot-plains-9
hot-plains-12
The Lad Mags

hot-plains-4


Photographs - Michael Borchert // Instax - myself

Wearing

Shirt - Dance Floor Disasters (from grade 10)
Jeans - c/o American Apparel
Jacket - Vintage
Bag - Amoeba Record Store
Socks - c/o Stance available here
Shoes - c/o ZARA


Last month I relived my youth while attending Hot Plains - a multi venue music festival in Edmonton. Two bands from way back when reunited and made me feel like I was in my teens once more - The Cleats and Dance Floor Disasters.

As it turns out, before I began blogging I was really infatuated with punk music and culture. The first blogs I followed were live journal communities - most notably Punk Makeup (it hasn't been active since 2011 it appears). A Wayback Wednesday post devoted to my punk days is probably the most appropriate way to illustrate how much my style has changed.

I digress. The bands I enjoyed over the weekend, aside from the reunion shows, were Michael Rault, SLATES, the Lad Mags, Dirty Dudes (AC/DC cover band) and Service:Fair. The weekend was a complete blur and I'm already anticipating next year's line up, but not before making the trek out of town for Golden West Music Fest which is sure to be a time.


Twitter / Bloglovin' / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Etsy

Labels: , , , , , , , ,