Planet Hollywood // Edmonton




























OUTFIT: hair clip - vintage from my mother // PH Edmonton jean jacket - thrifted // swamp thing t shirt by Smokey Draws - Local Gifts // leggings - c/o Burton // Winston Regal watch in Cognac - c/o Komono // Newbury booties - Rag & Bone 



As a weirdo child that dreamed about living in Los Angeles, it's no wonder Planet Hollywood in  West Edmonton Mall became my favourite eatery despite having the worst food imaginable. Somehow being amongst the z-list movie prop items made me feel one step closer to fulfilling this dream as I slowly choked down pizza that tasted like cardboard. Planet Hollywood Edmonton disappeared sometime in the 90s but its giant illuminated sign stayed on the side of the mall for years after; a haunting reminder of a childhood obsession. Recently, I found this XXL jean jacket PH Edmonton and I knew we were meant to be together. 

Side note: I'm looking at a list of "rare" Planet Hollywood Edmonton memorabilia thinking "Who would buy this shit?" when.... oh right. Me. Also, if you want to join in on my nostalgia, someone is letting their jean jacket go on Kijiji for $5 all you have to do is drive to Red Deer. You're welcome. 

Photographs: Michael Borchert
Twitter / Bloglovin' / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Etsy

Labels: , , , , , ,