Beachy Waves

The elusive "effortless" beach wave is a hairstyle that I have just about perfected... or at least my versions of it. Here are the tools and products I use to get my wave on:

beachy-waves-1

PRODUCTS:

BUMBLE & BUMBLE SURF INFUSION - A salt spray that doesn't dry out your hair! The glorious geniuses at B&B added oil to their surf spray and voila: sea hair with softness. It's almost too good to be true, but it's real. Shake well before using on damp hair but don't go too nuts otherwise your hair will be more oily than salty. 

KEVIN.MURPHY HAIR RESORT SPRAY -  Do you like the smell of coconut? Do you like hair products that work on damp OR dry hair? I'll spray this in damp hair, let my hair air dry, then go back in with the whirl trio for more defined waves.

BUMBLE & BUMBLE DON'T BLOW IT - For those lazy days you don't want to actually heat style your hair. For this, I would towel dry my hair, apply evenly, then pop on those wave clips. #lazygirlvibes


beachy-waves-3

TOOLS:

T3 WHIRL TRIO - this iron changed everything. It's three interchangeable barrels makes this styling tool a triple threat. The above pictured tapered barrel is, in my opinion, the best for acquiring the perfect beach waves.  It's super easy to use, doesn't singe your hair, and comes with a glove to prevent your styling hand from burning. Bonus: since the barrels are detachable, it's the easiest iron to pack for a trip. 

KEVIN.MURPHY WAVE CLIPS - This is my lazy gal solution to waves. Pop this babies onto damp hair and go about your beauty routine. This combined with a beach spray makes for a loose wave and takes little effort. 

KEVIN.MURPHY TEXTURE COMB - There's nothing better than a wide tooth comb on wet hair; it saves you from doing serious damage to your mane as well as helps easily detangle your hair. I especially love using it to loosen my Whirl Trio beachy waves; it softens the look of the wave.


beachy-waves-2

All of these tools and products work well together (with the exception of 'Don't Blow It' which is supposed to be used without heat) and I use them in various combinations often layering product - but all in moderation!

Happy beach wave-ing!

Photos - Michael Borchert // Sandy Karpetz
Twitter / Bloglovin' / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Etsy

Labels: , , , , ,