Toner Wars

toner-wars-1

The thing I turn to the most when I don't have *time* (read: too lazy) to properly wash my face is toner.   I prefer toners that are not alcohol based which was quite tricky to find in the past but it seems as though more companies are getting the memo. Here are my top 4 toners in no particular order.

toner-wars-2

Avene Micellar Lotion

Micellar lotions are the best of both worlds; they tone your face while also removing make up. This one does just that and I would say is on par with the cult favourite Bioderma. The only difference is that the Avene one is lightly scented so stick to the latter if scents are a known irritant for you. 

Avene Gentle Toner

This is a very toner that gently cleanses the face, has a very light fragrance, and leaves your skin feeling tingly. I am not 100% sure it is alcohol free but it didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry after using so I'm guessing not. (I could not find the ingredients list).  

toner-wars-3

Thayers Witch Hazel Toner in Cucumber (rose is my default but cucumber is a great alternative)

Both the cucumber and rose options are fresh smelling and soothing. It cleanses the skin without leaving it feeling dry. It does not, however, remove mascara very well so best to start off with a make up remover first before you move on to toning with this. 

toner-wars-4

REN Rose Centifolia 3-in-1 Cleansing Water

This miracle mixture cleanses, removes make up, and tones the skin for the ultimate lazy girl (me) who wants it all but doesn't have a lot of counter space for multiple products (me). Also leaves your skin feeling clean but not dry which I attribute this to toners without alcohol in them.


Twitter | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram 

Labels: , ,