Morning Rituals


morning-rituals-1

I realized I completely photographed these out of order in terms of usage. So obvs cleanse first, tone, then rosewater spray followed by face oil and eye gel (and some sort of SPF but I was currently in between moisturizers when this was taken). You get the idea. 

Herbivore Botanicals - Lapis Facial Oil
Do you want your face to smell like jasmine and be insanely soft despite the whipping winds of autumn? This is the answer. I don't know how I lived before this oil. I apply it before a cream with SPF followed by Glossier's Priming Moisturizer. There's a reason these brands have cult following. 

REN - Active 7 Eye Gel
This is a light eye gel that absorbs quickly that I have been enjoying. It minimizes the appearance of puffiness and dark circles - if there's one thing I learned about freelance, there are never enough hours of sleep and my face pays for that fact dearly.

Panacea Herbs - Rosewater & Aloe Facial Spritzer 
This is everything. Panacea is a small company based out of Gabriola Island and I'm obsessed with all their products (full post coming soon). This rosewater & aloe spray is such a refreshing mist and smells like a dream. I swear by it.

Saje - Fresh Start Cleanser
Another excellent smelling product, it has a muskier scent with atlas cedarwood and neroli, I think I even detect a hint of lavender somewhere in there as well. (While we're on the topic, atlas cedarwood is one of my favourite essential oils to diffuse in my home, it's like walking in a forest after it has rained).   I wash my face in the morning with this as it's a great gentle cleanser and works well on skin that isn't covered in makeup; I have a more intense cleanse ritual in the evening. 

Avene - Gentle Toner
My skin dries out in the fall/winter so I like to keep my products as gentle and moisturzing as possible. This tones without drying out your skin (an absolute must). 

Photograph - Sandy Joe
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram  

Labels: , , , , , ,