Night Moves

night-moves

Moving into the dry winter weather, I've been upping my moisturizing game even with my face wash. Anything to avoid drying myself out further. Here's what I've been using and why:

CLEANSE

Ren - Rose Centifolia  Hot Cloth Cleanser

This is a key product for maintaing hydrated skin in the winter. By applying this cleanser to dry skin, massaging it in, then removing it by dampening the accompanying cloth with hot water. It is quite the experience and removes so much that you don't even need to use an exfoliator. 

Bioderma - Sensibio H2O

I've talked about this many times over, it's just the gentlest make up remover that I first discovered thanks to make up queen Lisa Eldridge.  (If you haven't heard of her, google immediately).

TONE

Ren - Rose Centifolia 3-in-1 Cleansing Water 

Such a light toner that doesn't suck the moisture from your skin. It's alcohol free which is probably why it's so wonderful. 

MOISTURIZE

Neal's Yard Remedies - Rejuvenating Frankincense Facial Serum

This lightweight serum smells so heavenly and a little goes a long way. I have definitely noticed a difference in the texture of my skin since using it the past month, everything looks much more hydrated. The thing I love about this brand is that everything is made with certified organic ingredients so it's shelf life is shorter but you know you're not slathering preservatives or weird chemicals on your face. 

Panacea Herbs - Primrose + Avocado Moisturizer

Panacea was a Gabriola find, the brand is locally sourced and made on the island. It must be the fatty oils in avocados, but this provides a lot of moisture to my desperately dry skin and it layers beautifully over the serum. It also smells like roses so that's a plus too.

Tata Harper - Be True Lip Balm

Never forget your lips! Not only does this help fight the fine lines around your lips as well as moisturizes them too! Double whammy! Tata Harper is another company that has products with shorter shelf lives, they actually have a farm in Vermont where the ingredients come from. How magical is that?


Twitter | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram 

Labels: , , , , , ,