BEAUTY | Dried Out | Face


Dry climates are my nemesis; how I managed to call one my home is still a mystery to me. In any case, I've developed a few coping methods.... a humidifier, vacationing by the ocean, but when it's the dead of winter and the moisture has been sucked from every pore, these are a few of the products I turn to:

dried-out-beauty-1

Glossier Moisturizing Moon Mask - when I have the time, the Moon Mask is the perfect solution for adding a boost of moisture to my face.

Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser - smells like roses, has the most unique consistency of any cleanser I've ever used, and it does not dry out your skin. 5 soap bars out of 5.

Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence - I am guilty of leaving this on my desk and misting myself frequently. It is both heavenly and a tad decadent. In reality, it's most effective after you've washed and toned your face.

dried-out-beauty-2

Sheet Masks - These are the best score I found while in Arizona. For 99¢ you get two collagen sheet masks from the 99¢ Store. It was a steal. When I'm feeling too lazy to apply a mud mask, these are the answer!

dried-out-beauty-3

Eye Strips - Again, another dollar store find. Two packages for 99¢ and honestly, they really do help hydrate the area and decrease under eye bags

ELF Eye Refresh - When you don't have time for the above eye strips, this roller ball gel eye refresh helps to decrease your bags. Not as effective as the strips but overall I noticed a difference and it does have a refreshing tingling sensation after application.

Tata Harper Restorative Eye Cream -  The under eye area is one I focus on a bit obsessively and so far this cream has been moisturizing effectively!

dried-out-beauty-4

Egyptian Magic - Made of beeswax, this weird tub of greasy cream that I randomly found at Costco is wonderful. Don't let its tacky packaging fool you, it is a wonder cream that moisturizes the driest of skin. I don't use this exclusively on my face either, thanks to Costco-sizing, it's a face to toe moisturizer.

Avene Cold Cream - Like cool whip but a bit thicker. I put this on at night and wake up with baby butt smooth skin.

Glossier Balm Dotcom - Dry cuticles, dry lips, dry elbows - just Balm Dotcom everything. This salve is a compact lifesaver and is always in my bag.

Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Oil - A light oil for daytime to help prime my face for the day ahead. It sinks in quickly and I even like it as a primer for light make up.

Dr. Hauschka Night Serum - a light gel serum that smells like geranium and absorbs super quickly - my skin just drinks this stuff up.

Drinking a decent amount of water each day will also help with the dry weather struggle!

Twitter | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram

Labels: , , , ,